the very condensed version of who, what, how much and when!
I’ve invested a lot of time into writing copy for my website but over the years I’ve found people go straight to the contact form without reading anything, so here’s a very condensed version for the skim readers (like me!).
But first – if you’re looking for a gift voucher for a friend, they’re right here!
who am I?
- I’m Sydney’s longest running pet only photographer (14 years in business, photographer for much much longer).
- I live with my husband and three rescue dogs who all started their life with us as foster dogs.
- I’m dog obsessed but I was a crazy cat lady first, I love all animals.
If you’d like to read more about me and my journey you can head over to this page.
what do I do?
- I’m a full-time professional pet photographer with a studio in Alexandria.
- My sessions take place either at my studio or on location (parks, beaches, at home) – or a mixture of both.
- I work mostly with private clients (pet parents) but I can also be hired for commercial projects (this page is for businesses interested in working with me).
- Yes, family can be included in some photos and yes, I offer travel sessions if you don’t live in metro Sydney.
More detailed information and answers to FAQs can be found here.
- A studio or location session for private clients is $250. The session fee does not include any products, printed or digital.
- Clients commit to a minimum investment of $895 in artworks from a studio session and $1995 in artworks from a location session.
- Clients typically invest $1750-$2995 in artworks for their home (and many of my products are suitable for renters).
- I’m a full service studio. This means my focus is on providing beautiful, archival quality, printed wall art, albums and box sets.
Full session details and information about artworks can be found here.
***There’s currently an end of year special offer running – you can find the details here***
when am I available?
- Location sessions are in the 2 hours before sunset on Thurs, Fri or Sat and my studio sessions are Thurs, Fri and Sat from 10am-2pm.
- I’m officially closed on Sundays and Mondays.
There’s a book now button on this page.
Bernie & Audrey
“Our experience with Ruth from start to finish has been a very easy and professional one. Bernie and Audrey are little dogs who can easily become overwhelmed. Ruth was patient and made the photo shoot an easy experience for them and we’re so happy with the result. Ruth is excellent to deal with. She’s very quick to respond to questions and very helpful in guiding you through the process. I couldn’t recommend Ruth highly enough.”
“I have no regrets! Mason and I had such a fun time during his photoshoot on the beach. Ruth is an amazing photographer who captured Mason’s different personalities so well. Mason can be a difficult model at times because he likes to hide his ears when asked to pose. Ruth is far too professional to let that get in the way and captured so many amazing shots that I display proudly in my apartment. I was more than happy to invest my money into Ruth’s artwork because not only is the quality amazing but Ruth spends so much of her time helping out rescue animals. So many dogs are adopted and in their forever homes because of the amazing adoption photos Ruth takes.”
Zoe & Rocket
“When we got our first dog, my daughter nagged and nagged me to get some puppy photos taken. After some online research, we found Ruth. Photographing a black dog isn’t easy – trust me, I’ve tried. But Ruth’s photography skills made quick work of that problem and we ended up with a gorgeous collection. When our second puppy arrived I didn’t need much convincing to have him photographed by Ruth. We ended up having a studio session with both dogs, and the result was a really special collection of memories.”