No, Chopper’s not neglected or dejected, he’s just refusing to look at the camera because he knew there was no food or toy in it for him. He’s quite the diva sometimes!
What I was actually referring to was my blog. I haven’t posted for ages. For those that don’t know, Ruthless Things isn’t just Ruthless Photos and Ruthless Leather. There’s also Ruthless Design. I’m a freelance typesetter and creative artworker and this is my really busy time of year. The majority of my work is typesetting long documents such as annual reports and prospectuses, so for several weeks I’ve been up to my eyeballs with big mounds of paper and financial tables. Regular blogging will resume shortly, I promise!
Here are some things I quickly wanted to share:
– Congratulations to Mark Lindsay and his dog Charlie for winning a custom-made Ruthless Leather collar at the Pet Fair in Sydney University. One wide Nightowl in brown, brass and amber coming right up!
– The raffle to help pay for Sam‘s medical bills raised over $970. Thank you so much to everyone that bought a ticket and congratulations to the winners whose names have been posted here. Sam has since been adopted and he’s settling into his new home really well.
– Ruthless Photos and Ruthless Leather have both been nominated for MDBA Dog Owners Choice Awards. Go us! Nominations are open until the end of the year, so if you want to you can still nominate us here.
– Ruthless Photos and Ruthless Leather are going to be at Mosman Pet’s Day Out on Sunday 24 October. It will be Ruthless Photos first event so if you’re in the area make sure you come by and say hello. There’s bound to be a giveaway of some sort! If you’re on Facebook you can RSVP to the event here and/or here! We’ll also be at the Dogs NSW Spring Fair in Erskine Park on Saturday 20 November. You can RSVP to that here and here!
– Speaking of Facebook. I’ve added an events tab to both pages, so you can keep an eye on it to find out if we have any upcoming events. I’ve also added a reviews tab to the leather page. There have been some really nice comments left if you want to read them, it’s here. [I may add one to the photos page eventually, but currently most of my clients aren’t on FB so it seemed a little pointless.]
– I’m very excited to have secured three more places to display my photography. I’ll wait until the work has been hung to reveal the locations though.
– I now have samples of all the products that Ruthless Photos offers. I hope to photograph them over the coming weeks and share them here. They’re a bit special.
– I know it’s a bit early to be talking about Christmas, but so it doesn’t come as a shock to anyone, please note that the cut-off point for Ruthless Leather Christmas present orders will be Friday 12 November. Bookings with Ruthless Photos will need to be made and shot before the end of October. We’ll continue taking bookings and orders after those dates, but Christmas delivery won’t be guaranteed. Remember that we also sell gift vouchers. They’re delivered by email, so they can be purchased at any time.
– I still have a Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM ultra wide angle lens with a lens hood which I’m selling for $750 +p&p [or free pickup from Eastern Suburbs of Sydney]. It’s as new and comes with box, manual, etc. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.